Thursday, November 25, 2010


(Act 1 Scene 3. A Heath, Lines 128-143)

  
MACBETH. [Aside] "Two truths are told,
    As happy prologues to the swelling act
    Of the imperial theme.--I thank you, gentlemen--
This supernatural soliciting
    Cannot be ill, cannot be good. If ill,
    Why hath it given me earnest of success,
    Commencing in a truth? I am thane of Cawdor:
    If good, why do I yield to that suggestion
    Whose horrid image doth unfix my hair
    And make my seated heart knock at my ribs,
    Against the use of nature? Present fears
    Are less than horrible imaginings.
    My thought, whose murder yet is but fantastical,
    Shakes so my single state of man that function
    Is smothered in surmise, and nothing is
    But what is not."
 My feelings and thoughts have been unraveling by the witches' suggestions that were proven to be true to me because of my position as the Thane of Cawdor. As a result, I fears that because I am Thane of Cawdor, my questions about being King of Scotland is affecting me. The thoughts are revolving around murderous acts by killing Duncan,because the witches told me that I would be the next king. I also implicates that thoughts have bothered my nature as a man, creating a different view on how to approach my destiny to become King. The witches also proved to be a vital source to cause my attitudes to change because they alternated my human nature to become more ambitious in order to gain control of the temptation to the thrown. Sometimes knowing the future of our lives can cause discontent to change the course of nature, which later implicated my life to become a corrupted individual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment