Friday, November 26, 2010

(Act 2 Scene 2. The Castle at Inverness, Lines 27-30)
Macbeth.  "One cried 'God bless us!' and 'Amen' the other;    As they had seen me with these hangman's hands. Listening their fear, I could not say 'Amen,' When they did say 'God bless us!'"
Macbeth, the one to kill King Duncan, made my conscience become filled with insecurities and fear for doing such evil deed. Being loyal and faithful to the King of Scotland has been giving up all for the ambition and corruption that I have become to be as the successor as a tyrant ruler for Scotland. Having to also bear to go against my humane nature to kill another human being has made a mind mortified to even live another day with such guilt in the conscience. This guilt in my conscience has been among the changes that I had to overcome and later feel numb about murdering friends and family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment